An update on Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Bowls England (National Body) are hosting an Emergency Meeting of the Board of Bowls England on Thursday 19th March.
Furthermore Bowls Northumberland Men’s Section County Executive are also meeting this week – on Sunday 22nd March.
I will provide updates following both meetings. To note Bowls Northumberland govern our own leagues (Clegg, Knight, Nines) so possibly further news or updates will be provided after the Bowls Northumberland Men’s Section meeting.
Until these meetings take place no decisions will be made or speculative information issued out concerning the forthcoming season. We are very much aware of members concerns and the impact this may or may not have on the season ahead.
I would like to draw your attention to the guidance below and links further down in this post – Please read carefully.
The current guidance from Government is the following: –
- Regular washing of hands.
- Use of Hand Sanitiser.
- Coughing or sneezing into tissues which are then immediately put into a bin.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Members who develop symptoms or a cough to self-isolate.
- Thoroughly wiping down bowls before and after use.
- The shaking of hands pre and post match not to take place.
We urge all members to take care during this difficult and worrying time and remind everyone to follow the current guidance.